Digital User Researchers Required12th January 2017
Experienced Digital User Researchers Required – Multiple Roles
- Digital User Researchers Required
- Initial 5 Month Contract
- Work based from PHC offices and on location in Canberra and other Australian city locations as required
PHC currently requires multiple Digital User Researchers to work on a project with a high profile Federal Government agency client. This agency is currently in the process of designing, prototyping and assessing a bespoke service delivery system.
The Digital User Researchers will be tasked with building an understanding of the service’s users and their behaviours, eliciting insights from quantitative and qualitative sources (e.g. analytics and data reports) and/or undertaking contextual research / user interviews and diary studies. Researchers will subsequently provide clear, actionable recommendations in the form of service maps and customer journeys which will be presented to the agency.
To be successful in this role applicants must possess the following:
- Minimum 3 years experience required in similar role within a large and dynamic organisation
- Experience working with unmoderated tools and software to deliver research (e.g. Qualtrics, Loop11, Hotjar, User Zoom)
- Experience working across quantitative and qualitative methods to gather and synthesize information
- Experience working with Python to analyse large data sets
- An understanding of User Experience design and usability
- Ability to work with designers, developers, User Experience specialists, managers and stakeholders to implement research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research
- Strong understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each design phase
- Proven ability to creatively visualise data
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation and collaboration skills
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Knowledge of the Digital Transformation Agency (DTA) or Digital Service Standard is desirable, but not required.
Working in collaboration with a dedicated project team (including designers, architects and other digital subject matter experts – depending upon the specific role – the Digital User Researchers will operate either:
- Onsite full time in Canberra
- Canberra plus various locations around Australia (if required to undertake user interviews)
The Digital User Researchers will ideally possess an active Australian security clearance (baseline standard) but the organisation will also entertain applications from professionals with the ability to gain and maintain and clearance.
For all enquires please contact Siobhan Herne – Project Coordinator on 08 9219 1100
or email email@example.com